01 May 2020
This is a very simple dinner roll recipe but with an artistic twist.these bread flowers are not only easy to bake but a connoisseur delight.
Total proofing time : 60 minutes
Total baking time : 20-25 minutes
|Sno ||Name of ingredient ||Qty|
|1. ||Flour ||200 gms|
|2. ||Water ||110 gms|
|3. ||Butter (soft) ||15 gms|
|4. ||Sugar ||15 gms|
|5. ||Salt ||4 gms|
|6. ||Yeast (dry instant) ||4 gms|
|7. ||Jam ( as per choice) ||1 tbs|
- Weight all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Now in a bowl mix all the ingredients except jam.
- Now knead the dough for 4-5 minutes.
- Do not over knead( we don’t want to develop strong gluten)
- Make the dough ball and lightly oil it and keep it in a bowl for fermentation for 30 minutes.(cover the bowl with moist cloth).
- Punch the dough to release the gases.
- Now the dough is weighing approx. 340 gms .( I am taking only half of dough for bread flour,half kept for other product)
- Divide the dough (170 gms approx) into 4 parts ( 42 gms approx)like this.
- Divide each length(42 gms) of dough into 5 equal parts(8 gms each).
- With the help of a rolling pin make petals (round circlesFO of each part , and place them over each other like this.
- Now fold them from left to right to form a figure like this.
- Now cut it in half from the center. ( it will divide in two parts)
- Now place these in greased pan ( I have taken muffin pan) and put for proofing for 30 minutes
- Egg wash or Milk wash them and bake in a preheated oven 180 degree Celcius for 20-25 minutes till golden brown top.
- Take out from the oven and brush them with butter.
- Bake these flower breads and spread love in your family.
YIELD : This recipe will give 16 bread flowers of 18 gms each.
TIPS :You can use any jam alone or with sugar & cinnamon for coating petals for sweet flower bread.